1. Does this conversation ever occur around you?
Boy 1: Wow! That's cool.
Boy 2: Yeah.
Boy 1: That could really hurt someone.
Boy 2: Yeah, it could.
Boy 1: Let's see if it hurts.
Boy 2: Yeah!
2. Are you the type of person that always thinks the best of people? If so, how do you do it? Can you teach me? I am the type that doesn't think ill of all people, but usually my thoughts aren't that positive. Like if I see or hear of someone doing something dumb, I usually think, "Wow. That person's an idiot."
3. My new iPhone is such fun! I have found all sorts of free apps to keep Margaret busy while we school. She now knows some of her letters! I feel a little guilty about it, you know, a phone teaching her instead of me.Wait, do I? Hmmm.
4. Speaking of iPhones, does anyone know some awesome apps for the kids? Free would be best, but I will consider others if they are super.
5. Margaret's All Saint's Day and Halloween dress came this week! It is totally gorgeous and well worth the expense. I could have totally made it, but I didn't have to because I found the perfect one on etsy. She is going to be Saint Elizabeth of Hungary.
6. Henry wanted to be a priest, but guess what? I found a king costume on sale that he is going to love. So that's what he will be. I'll tell him as soon as it arrives.
7. James' soccer got extended an extra week. They had to reschedule a game due to rain. He loves soccer and is thrilled. Me, not so much. It is in the 40s and 50s now and rains a lot. Not to mention that it gets dark so early. My days of sitting at soccer with a good book are now spent huddled in the mini-van waiting for practice to end.
Want to read more Quick Takes? Head over to Jen's Blog to check out tons more.